Thursday, June 3, 2010

Linen Water

Most of my clothes need ironing, so that is my "fun" chore every week. The steam feature on my iron is broken, so I use a spray bottle with water to mist my clothes with. I've always heard about linen water and have seen it featured in magazines but have never used it. It seems like something only well off middle aged women from the Hamptons use. Therefore, I must use it!! So of course, knowing me, I did a little research and made my own! Mix 25 oz. distilled water, 3 oz. vodka and 1 tsp. of an essential oil of your choice, such as lavender or eucalyptus. The vodka acts as an emulsifier and keeps the oil mixed evenly. Combine the ingredients in a glass or plastic bottle with a spray nozzle, and swirl to mix. If stored in a cool place, it should last 6-8 months. Spray it on your clothes before ironing, on your sheets, carpet, drapes, etc. It's basically a natural Febreeze and air freshener!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Un- what?

"Un-shit your life"- to rid your life of useless shit. This blog is a collection of hints, tips, ideas and stories that I have gathered from my family, friends, articles, the internet, rumors and life experiences. Please share your own!
 

Un-Shit Your Life | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates