Friday, October 2, 2009

Home-made Dishwasher Detergent

As well as clothing detergent, I also just made some dishwasher detergent! I have been using a good biodegradable detergent from Central Market, but it was approx. $7-$8, so if I can make a natural detergent from home for cheaper, then you know I'm going to! The ingredients are similar, but slightly different.


Natural Dishwasher Detergent

2 cups Baking Soda (not the same Washing Soda for clothes!)
2 cups Borax
1/4 cup salt
4 tbls. citric acid,
or 4 packages of Lemonade Kool-Aid
White vinegar (for rinse cycle)


Mix all contents together (except vinegar), then store in a sealable container. Put about a tablespoon of the detergent in each open slot in your dishwasher (I have one open one, and one that closes) and fill your rinse-aid slot with the vinegar (instead of using Jet-Dry, it does just as good a job). I have done one load so far and everything came out clean and sparkly, and I felt good knowing that I didn't wash any harmful chemicals down the drain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Un- what?

"Un-shit your life"- to rid your life of useless shit. This blog is a collection of hints, tips, ideas and stories that I have gathered from my family, friends, articles, the internet, rumors and life experiences. Please share your own!
 

Un-Shit Your Life | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates