Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I was going to post my first "tip" tomorrow but I'm too impatient!

Recycle Caps with Aveda

I LOVE this program. Plastic bottle caps typically cannot be recycled for they are small enough to jam recycling equipment, therefore it's easier for our city to toss the caps rather than find a solution to this problem. I recently read on Seattle's guidelines that any lid or cap larger than 3 inches is fine, anything smaller is a no go. Aveda, a great social and environmentally conscious company, has created the Recycle Caps program by teaming up with a recycler that can recycle the caps into new recycleable items. I said recycle 4 times in that last sentence. All you have to do is save your caps and bring them into a store. Keep a little bucket on your counter top or a baggie in a close by drawer and before you know it, you'll have a nice little collection of caps! I have so far made about 4 trips to different stores and the employees are very nice and appreciative of the donation, almost like they never get drop offs! Click the link above to learn more about the program and the guidelines for what they accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Un- what?

"Un-shit your life"- to rid your life of useless shit. This blog is a collection of hints, tips, ideas and stories that I have gathered from my family, friends, articles, the internet, rumors and life experiences. Please share your own!
 

Un-Shit Your Life | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates